Marvelous Bison Meatballs
Savory, sensational and incredibly simple to make, these meatballs can be served in dozens of different ways. Try this healthy take on an old favorite with pasta, on sandwiches, or in soups.
- Prep Time:
- 10 Minutes
- Cook Time:
- 10-15 Minutes
- 2 lbs. ground bison (fresh or fully thawed from our convenient 1 lb. frozen ground bison bricks)
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 cup gorgonzola cheese
- ½ cup dried bread crumbs
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Combine all ingredients into large bowl.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and place in a single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Meatballs can be covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to 24 hours at this point.
- Bake at 350˚F for 10-15 minutes until fully cooked through. There should be NO pink showing.
- Drain and let rest for 10 minutes for juices to settle.
- Cooked meatballs can be cooled and then frozen for up to six months. Do not refreeze once thawed.