Braised Bison Sirloin Steaks
A wholesome medley of tender veggies intermingles with thick slices of bison sirloin steak for a healthy main course—a western favorite the whole family will love.
- Prep Time:
- 20 Minutes
- Cook Time:
- 6 Hours
- 6 (6 oz.) Bison sirloin steaks
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups of water
- 3 tsp. beef base, or 5 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 (8 oz.) package baby carrots
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1/2 lb. fresh green beans
- 1 (8 oz.) package of button mushrooms, cut in half
- Sear bison steaks in a Dutch oven, or heavy-bottomed saucepan with vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Turn the bison steaks often to brown on all sides.
- Remove steaks when browned, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add onions and brown them as well.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, and add water and bouillon. Return steaks into onion mixture cover, and simmer for 4 hours.
- Add remaining ingredients, and simmer for an additional 2 hours, or until the vegetables are cooked to your liking.